Tagboard



Credits

Tropical Getaway Version 1.01 - "As bright as the sun..." is designed by Princess Sabrina.


The ingredients used to put it all together includes, PHP, CSS, XHTML, Adobe & Macromedia, Creativity, and not forgetting, Inspiration.

* Best viewed at 1024 x 768.
Powered by Blogger
Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]
 

Oh, the Years

Haply I may remember/ And haply may forget.

Saturday 28 April 2007

Le Fantôme de l'Opéra

Went to watch The Phantom Of The Opera @ Esplanade. Imagine it, the very first time I watched a musical I have known for years. The melodies couldn't be more similar, and what was new was the visual impact. Simply splendid. It was miraculous how they fully utilized the limited space on the stage to make the Paris Opera House relive with the "sea-change" of light and colours. Characters and actions were crystalized into highly picturesque moments, and the music added life to them. The organ was awesome. I was so overwhelmed at the beginning I almost cried. Imagine, the Phantom theme I have been so familiar all these years and today I was sitting there so close to everything and watching the chandelier rise. I was trembling in the darkness with the music of the night. Once I close my eyes I can see every detail of the chandelier, the candlelight, the mask of the phantom I can hear the pulse and breath of the violin the cello the organ the piano I can sense the fear and love the depression the sorrow of the characters. The wonder is beyond words.

And Webber is GENIUS.

And Sarah Brightman and Michael Crowford are geniuses as well. This time the singers are much less expressive compared to them. The way the emotions are expressed is not that sophisticated but overly exaggerated. And they didn't seem to control their breath very well. The Christine sometimes went off-pitch. But anyway it was no easy task.

Think of methink of me fondly,
when we've said goodbye.
Remember me, once in a while,
please promise me you'll try.

When you find that, once again,
you long to take your heart back and be free
if youever finda moment,
spare a thought for me.

We never said our lovewas evergreen,
or as unchanging as the sea -
but ifyou can still remember
stop and think of me

Think of all the things
we've shared and seen
don't think about the things
which might have been

Think of me,think of me waking,
silent and resigned.
Imagine me,trying too hard
to put youfrom my mind.

Recall those days, look back on all those times,
think of the things we'll never do -
there will never be a day,
whenI won't thinkof you

We never said our love was evergreen,
or as unchanging as the sea-
but please promise me,that sometimes
you will think of me!

I like the lyrics, haha. Actually if I were Christine I'd rather marry the phantom. Serious.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home