Tagboard



Credits

Tropical Getaway Version 1.01 - "As bright as the sun..." is designed by Princess Sabrina.


The ingredients used to put it all together includes, PHP, CSS, XHTML, Adobe & Macromedia, Creativity, and not forgetting, Inspiration.

* Best viewed at 1024 x 768.
Powered by Blogger
Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]
 

Oh, the Years

Haply I may remember/ And haply may forget.

Monday 2 April 2007

And they lived happily ever after...

Ms Goh said that's a clichéd ending; don;t want it. She said it to us, a class full of dodo-birds. One dodo, two dodos, three dodos.... and I am the forgetful dodo, can't even remember the population size of our class. Was it 41? Or 42? Then I realize that my memories, and my feeling, cannot be trusted. Reminiscence approximately equals to disillusionment. I guess that one starts to miss something only when he finds out that he can never get it back. Never, this is the irreversible nature of Time. All-powerful time, making everything pale and fade away. Was it last year, or two years ago, when I tried to recall all my ex-classmates' names, those people in China? The moment you entre a new realm, your past begins to wither but your memories prosper. Memories with a mirror mask, with thousands of mirror masks, reflecting, refracting, blocking you from gazing into the void of the past. Maybe it's not advisable to retrospect, because the road behind you is twisting and twining, losing its originality. BUT I MISS CRESCENT. Nothing in particular about Crescent, but Crescent itself. The name, the sound of the word, the identity associated with the yellow and blue colours. And how carefree we were. Oh no not exactly. It is amusing how bitterness is turned to sweetness once you no longer undergo the bitterness. I used to cry, disappointed, disturbed, but now I come to think it sorrow free and carefree. Hallucination or not, there is no point of return. You can never seize what exists in your memory.

So after these two years, I find myself owing them many thanks. Owe the teachers, because I have been an irresponsible student. And I don't have the power to change this. Their tolerance and understanding I won’t forget, and I am honestly grateful for their care. Coming to think about it I feel aged (don't laugh). Things have changed, and a lot of incidents in between. In Sec3 Mr Jo left, and this year Mr Tan bade us (or them?) farewell. Last year during Crescentian Reunion I was wondering how it would be in 60th anniversary and now I guess I won't go back then. Pointless.

Oh they were celebrating Mr Wong's birthday one moment ago. Reminds me of Nanyang. I haven't liked it but still miss it somehow. Well human beings have this greedy nature and yield to the fondness of things they no longer possess. My ex-roommates must merrily enjoy their life now and I doubt if they will occasionally think of the old days during their chatting, like me? With whom do I think alike?

In two years' time I'll leave ACS as well. Will I recall the presence then, in the same nostalgic mood? Last time I felt attached to Crescent. Same feeling now, feel the close connection to my current school.

And people may get far apart from one another.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home